Awards and Honours
- Vivek Joshi: Conferred ‘Intas Young Scientist Award 2020’ by Indian Society for Veterinary Medicine (ISVM) for Outstanding Research in Veterinary Medicine.
- Vivek Joshi: Conferred ‘Young Achiever Award 2020’ by Institute of Scholars, Bangalore for outstanding research work & its publication in a high-impact journal.
- Vivek Joshi: Received ‘Certificate of Appreciation from International Journal of Livestock Research in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the quality of the journal in the year 2019-20.
- ICAR-NRC on Mithun has been awarded the certificate of appreciation on 10th December 2019 for proactively implementing ICAR Research Data Management Guidelines and Uploading of its all Technologies for the last 6 years in Krishi Portal.
- Best poster presentation award for the research work entitled “Slow-release exogenous melatonin modulates endocrinological profiles and scrotal circumference and testicular biometrics in mithun bulls” by P. Perumal, M. H. Khan, S. Chang, K. Khate, and K. Vupru., presented during XXXV Annual Convention of the ISSAR and International symposium on Global Perspective to ‘Enhance Livestock Fertility through Modern Reproductive Techniques for Doubling Farmers’ income, held at Veterinary College, Namakkal, Tamil Nadu from 18-20th December 2019.
- Vivek Joshi; Awarded a ‘Certificate of Reviewing’ by ‘Small Ruminant Research (Elsevier)’, an international journal of high repute in August 2019.
- Vivek Joshi; Inclusion in Reviewer Panel of NAAS rated national journals viz. International Journal of Livestock Research (IJLR), Ruminant Science, Indian Journal of Veterinary Medicine and Haryana Veterinarian.
- Dr Abhijit Mitra, Director of ICAR-NRC on Mithun, Nagaland received the Eminent Scientist Award” by Samagra Vikas Welfare Society held at University of Lucknow U. P. on 22nd November 2019.
- Dr Abhijit Mitra, conferred with Fellow of National Academy of Veterinary Science (India) during 17th Convocation of National Academy of Veterinary Sciences on December 19-20 2018 held in CoVS, OUAT, Bhubaneswar
- Dr Abhijit Mitra served as Nodal officer of Krishi Kalyan Abhiyan (KKA) implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Dept. of Agriculture, Cooperation & Farmers’ Welfare, GoI. The program has been implemented in two phases, KKA-1 (from 1st June 2018 to 31st July 2018) and KKA-2 (2nd October to 25th December 2018), in 50 selected villages of District Kiphire, the only Aspiration District of Nagaland.
- Dr Perumal P. received the Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing by the International Journal of Livestock Research (ISSN 2230-7613) for the year 2016-17.
- Dr M. H. Khan: Received Best Oral Presentation award for the article entitled “Enhancement of Reproductive Efficiency through Estrus Synchronization and Timed AI in Mithun (Bos Frontalis) under Semi-Intensive System” In National Seminar on “Smart Farming for Enhancing Input Use efficiency, Income and Environmental Security (SFEIES)" organized by Indian Association of Hill Farming (IAHF) at ICAR RC NEHR, Barapani from 19th-21sr September 2017.
- Dr Akhilesh Kumar: Received Second Best oral presentation for the article “Comparative Evaluation of Humoral Immune Status in Mithun (Bos frontalis) and Tho-Tho Cattle under Different Physiological Stage” In 36th Annual Convention of Indian Society of Veterinary Medicine & National Symposium on "Animal Health Service Delivery-the Priority of the Professional for Enhancing Farmers income" held at OUAT, Bhubaneswar, Orissa from 1-3rd Feb 2018.
- Rinku Bharali was awarded a PhD degree in Horticulture by AAU, Jorhat on 18th November 2016.
- T Esther Longkumer was awarded a PhD degree in Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science by NU SASRD Medziphema on 31st August 2016.
- Hannah K. Asangla was awarded a PhD degree in Agronomy by NU SASRD, Medziphema on 31st August 2016.
- Dr M. H. Khan was selected as an Editorial Board Member of Veterinary Clinical Science Journal.
- Mrs Liza Barua Bharali received Outstanding Achievement (second prize) in the Video Production Competition during training on ‘Video production and scientific documentation’ held at ICAR – Zonal Project Directorate, Zone-III, Umium, Meghalaya, 793103.
- Dr Perumal P. was awarded the Young Achiever Award – 2015 (SADHNA) by the Society for Advancement of Human and Nature, Nauni, Solan 173 230, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Dr Perumal P. included as Honorary Board Members and Life Author of Society for Advancement of Human and Nature (SADHNA), Nauni, Solan 173 230, Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Dr Akhilesh Kumar received the Letter of Appreciation for reviewing the manuscript submitted to the Indian Journal of Veterinary Medicine for the year 2015.
- Dr Perumal P: Received the Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing by the International Journal of Livestock Research (ISSN 2230-7613) for the year 2014.
Dr Naresh Prasad: Awarded PhD degree on 31.10.2014 in the discipline of Veterinary Education from the Department of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education, college of veterinary science, the Lala Lajpat Rai University of Veterinary and Animal Science, Hisar=125004, Haryana. The title of PhD research was “Organizational Communication in State Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying of Haryana: A Structural and Functional Analysis”.
Dr Meraj Haider Khan, Sr. Scientist (Anim. Reproduction ) visited the University of Illinois, Urbana- Champaign, Illinois, USA availing DBT s long term Overseas Associateship for the northeast region from 6th March 2014 to 5th March 2015, He worked with Professor David Miller of Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Dr Khan worked on reproductive biology specifically on the molecular aspect of sperm-oviduct interaction. His topic of research work was “ Identification and localization of putative oviduct glycan receptors ADAMS and PKDREJ on spermatozoa and their changes during capacitation and freezing”.
Dr K. K. Baruah: Received Fellow of Society of National Academy of Veterinary Science from Shri Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Hariyana at National Seminar cum NAVS Convention held at Hisar from 28 to 29 January 2014
Dr Nazrul Haque Best Oral Presentation Award from Indian Association of Hill Farming on presentation of the paper “Haque, N., Das, K. C., Toppo Saroj, Mondal, M., Prasad, N. and Baruah, K. K. (2014). Energy utilization pattern in mithun fed on Congo Signal grass-based diet supplemented with spent grain with wheat bran or rice bran.” In National Seminar on “Emerging Challenges and Prospective Strategies for Hill Agriculture in 2050”, held on January 23-25, 2014 at ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Nagaland Centre, Medziphema, Nagaland.
- Dr K. K. Baruah: Received Award in Excellence in Animal Biotechnology from Dr Devarajan Thangadurai, President of Society of Applied Biotechnology at First International and Third National Conference on Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, and Bioengineering held on June 28-29, 2013, at Tirupati.
- Dr Nazrul Haque Visited University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, USA availing DBT's Overseas Associateship for Northeastern Region from 1 May to 27 October 2013. He worked with Prof. Walter Bottje of the Center of Excellence for Poultry Science on the assessment of bioenergetics in hsp70 and amp transfected as well as heat-stressed quail myocytes
- Dr Perumal P: Received Certificate of Excellence in Reviewing by International Journal of Livestock Research (ISSN 2230-7613) for the year 2013.
- Dr D. J. Borkotoky Adjudged as in t h e p o s t e r presentation session theme 'Success stories in agricultural technologies and ITKs' for the poster 'Performance evaluation of Rabbit farming in Phek district of Nagaland' at North East Region Agri Expo 2012 held at Dimapur, Nagaland.
Dr Jayanta Kumar Chamuah Best poster presentation on “Incidence of Pimply gut condition in mithun (Bos frontalis) calves" at XXIII: National Congress on Veterinary Parasitology and National symposium organized by College of Veterinary Science, Khanapara from 12-14 December 2012.
Dr Mohan Mondal: Received D.N Mullick Award 2011-12 by the Society of Animal Physiologists of India
- Dr K K Baruah: Received Fellow Society of Animal Physiology of India in the year 2011.
- Dr K K Baruah: Received Fellow Society for Applied Biotechnology in the year 2011.
- Dr K. K. Baruah, Principal Scientist has been awarded Dr A. Roy memorial award by the Society of Animal Physiologists of India based on his contribution to Animal Physiology in the SAPI Silver Jubilee and International conference held at IVRI on 11th to 13th October 2010.
- Dr K. K. Baruah, Principal Scientist (Animal Physiology); Received Overseas Fellowship from Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, for Post Doctoral training at Wisconsin University, Madison, USA.
- Dr K. C. Das, Senior Scientist (Animal Nutrition); was awarded DBT Overseas fellowship awarded by the Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India to receive research training/education in the field of Rumen Biotechnology at Lakehead University, ThunderBay, Canada.
- Dr Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Senior Scientist was awarded NAIP sponsorship for International training on 'Genome Resource Conservation' at Iowa State University of Science and Technology, Ames, the USA from 26 March to 23 June 2010.
- Dr Mohan Mondal, Senior Scientist (Animal Physiology); Received Prof. G. P. Talwar Middle Career scientist Award, 2010 by the ISSRF for significant contribution in the field of Reproductive Health in Mithun.
- Dr Anupama Mukherjee, Senior Scientist (Animal Genetics and Breeding) visited IOWA State University, Ames, USA availing NAIP (New Delhi) sponsored International Training Programme in the area of "Marker Assisted Selection" for three months during 22 May to 20 August 2009.
- Dr Mohan Mondal availed Biotechnology Overseas Associateship of DBT, Govt. of India from 14th April 2008 to 13th May 2009 at Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA.
- The prestigious biennium "Fakhuddin Ali Ahmed Award" for outstanding Agricultural Research in Tribal Areas for the year 2006-2007 was awarded to Dr Mohan Mondal, Senior Scientist and Dr C. Rajkhowa, Director in the ICAR Award Ceremony by Mr Kantilal Bhuriya, Hon'ble Minister of State for Agriculture in the presence of Sri Sarad Pawar, Hon'ble Union Minister for Agriculture and Dr Mangla Rai, Hon'ble Director General, ICAR and Secretary DARE on 16th July 2008 at NASC, New Delhi.
- Dr K. K. Baruah Awarded International Aus-Aid Fellowship from Australian Government to participate and present research paper in the 13th AAAP Animal Science Congress held in Hanoi, Vietnam, from September 22nd to 26th, 2008.
- Dr K. K. Baruah was invited to chair the Plenary Session and as a Keynote Speaker in the Plenary Session of the 13th AAAP Animal Science Congress held in Hanoi, Vietnam from September 22nd to 26th, 2008.
- Dr Mohan Mondal has been awarded the DBT Innovative Young Biotechnologist Award 2007 given by Sri Kapil Sibalji, Hon'ble Union Minister for Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
- Dr Mohan Mondal has been awarded the Indian national Science Academy Medal for Young Scientists 2007 given by the President of the Academy, Dr R. A. Mashelkar in December 2007.
- Dr Mohan Mondal has been awarded the National Academy of Science India (NASI) Platinum Jubilee Award 2007 given by the President, NASI at CFTRI, Mysore in December 2007.
- Dr Mohan Mondal has been awarded the prestigious National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS) Young Scientist Award in Animal Science for the biennium 2005-2006.
- Dr Mohan Mondal has been awarded the prestigious "Jawaharlal Nehru Award" for his doctoral research in Animal Production.